We're delighted to announce the release of Flipidea 2.0.13, which includes feature releases, new updates, and issues fixes.
Released on 23 April 2020 - by founders, for founders.
- User dashboard: we rolled out a basic dashboard where you can change password, look at Flipper's profile, and a glimpse of more fun stuff to come.
- Competitive analysis (similarity score): we released one of our "secret weapons" from our self-built competitive analytics to track and score the similarity of companies' businesses (competitors and similar companies) for you to understand your competitive landscape; only companies with similarity scores are clickable for surveillance.
- Glossary of business failures (15 definitions): we added 15 new definitions to explain the terminologies used by smarty-pants in the business, finance and tech industries to describe the companies' reasons for shutdown.
- Categories (detailed-view): we're now showing maximum five categories in detailed-view to describe unique business as specific as possible.
- Reasons for Failure --> Reasons for Shutdown: in order to reduce death threats in our mailbox, we opted for a neutral description because not every shutdown was a cause of failure, right?
- Share your feedback: we activated the 'Share Your Feedback' link so you can secretly email us to declare your feelings for us :)
- Top navigation bar (icons): we placed the icons of our user profile, setting, support, and notification on the 'upper top nav bar' as it was given oversight of our platform.
- User authorisation system: we improved our system so we're able to recognise you're you behind those great looks.
- Search: we finally fixed our basic search and ate the wicked bugs for breakfast.
- User authentication system: we fixed an issue whereby the system will not confuse your good looks with skynet's bots.
- Database maintenance: we fixed a bug that was confused in fetching the right object because it kept giving us lemons when we asked for an orange.
- Incorrect account creation date: we fixed our absent-minded system to accurately clock in your account creation date so you can verify your account.
- Pagination (mobile responsive): the page navigation now dance in order.
Issues and errors
- Advanced search (city, state): due to the covid-19 pandemic, our cities and states remain locked down as it's too dangerous to travel now while we practice physical distancing by staying at home.
- Filter buttons (city, state, reasons for failure): we redesigned our search and advanced search, and these filter rules are not done yet.
- Our industry and categories buttons can only be filtered separately.
- Meaning to say, if you're filtering the companies by clicking on the industry button, and you're not able to continue filtering by clicking on the categories buttons.
- In order to filter the categories, you'd need to return to previous page and click on the categories buttons, and you're also not able to continue further filter the companies as you desire.
- If you want us to add new research questions, let us know.
- Something is wrong or broken? Tweet us or write us.
Return to Release notes.
Last edited on 6 January 2022.