We're delighted to announce the release of Flipidea 2.0.8, which includes feature releases, and new updates.
Released on 20 February 2020 - by founders, for founders.
- Database tier (registered/non-registered users): we built our database tier to limit non-registered users' access to only 500 inactive companies, and only registered users will have access to 5,000 inactive companies.
- Database (show/hide): we now can control which companies to be shown or hidden from our collections in our databases.
- Database (157 inactive companies; shown): we added 157 inactive companies (shown) to our live.database (previously, 192 inactive companies), and currently a total of 349 inactive companies are published on our site.
- Database (1,577 inactive companies; hidden): we also added 1,577 inactive companies (hidden) to our live.database (in total of 1,926 inactive companies) for our competitive analysis and idea validation.
- Categorical listing (database): we organised our datasets in categorical listings for the ease of viewing and browsing, but will only be implemented on the front-end in our next update.
- Pagination: we rebuilt our pagination to enable a faster and smoother browsing experience.
- Database (inactive/active condition): we implemented the inactive/active condition to all of the companies within our databases.
- Information update (Data-as-a-Service): we updated our generic information to clarify that Flipidea is a 'Data-as-a-Service platform offering analytical information about business failures'.
- Idea checker button (top navigation bar): we changed the name of our failure rate calculator with 'idea checker' for better user adoption.
- Idea checker (instructional texts): we clarified our instructional texts on our idea checker to better guide our users.
- Got an intuitive business idea (call-for-action): we changed the call-for-action message from predict its failure rate to 'validate your idea'.
- Date format: we standardised our date format in order to automate the calculation of each companies' lifespan (duration of operation).
- Products (menu and footer): we unveiled the products (info only) that will be offered, which we are still in development (coming soon).
- Solutions (menu and footer): we unveiled the solutions (info only) that will be offered, and connected our former ML Database page with 'Post-mortem Analysis' page and Failure Rate Calculator page with 'Idea Validation' page.
- Disclaimer (footer): we updated our information to reflect that Flipidea is a DaaS platform.
Issues and errors
- Search: due to our new pagination, our search feature is not completely configured and is currently deactivated.
- Idea checker: due to our new pagination and increase of companies data, our idea checker is currently under maintenance for a better and faster computational experience.
- Filter buttons (reasons for failure, industry,categories, city, state, country): due to our new pagination, our filter functions are currently not available because they have not been configured.
- Date format (duration): the date format are not entirely uniformed, and so the automated calculation of the companies' lifespan could not be computed.
- We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused from our issues and errors due to the incomplete builds and configuration, new addition of data, and our careless data management.
- We are working to resolve these pending issues which we will update our fixes as fast as we can over the coming days.
- If you want us to add new research questions, let us know.
- Something is wrong or broken? Tweet us or write us.
Return to Release notes.
Last edited on 6 January 2022.