We're delighted to announce the release of Flipidea 3.0.6, which includes feature releases, new updates and issues fixes.
Released on 24 August 2021 - by founders, for founders.
- Serverless web application framework (https://app.flipidea.co/): we upgraded our web application framework to serverless architecture so that our platform supports fast growth, scalability, and cost efficiency, as well as to streamline data transfers.
- Single login authentication: you no longer need to log in multiple times as we're now serving through a single serverless infrastructure.
- Taxonomy of industry and categories: we developed a synergised taxonomy of industry and categories to index our large datasets of businesses at the global industry context.
- Re-designed and unified serverless architectures: we adopted serverless computing to build and run both our static website and dynamic web application on a single serverless infrastructure to prevent slowness and latency in data transfers.
- Review order form (for registered users): even though registered users are logged in but we don't want to risk any chances, so we require user tier validation for additional security protection.
- Database (investors collection): we organised our investors collection for your ease of browsing - very-early stage, early stage, growth stage, late stage, and post-IPO stage.
- Database (financial data collection): we've been preparing our large financial datasets (decades' worth) to be readable and presentable.
- Dashboard (accessible via Menu): we turned www.flipidea.co into a static website (forever free) and moved our Dashboard button to the side nav bar, accessible via the Menu button.
- Web security configuration: with our new serverless infrastructure, we had to upgrade our web security to fend off skynet's malicious bots attacks.
- Tab renamed: we renamed
Release Notesto What's New so people can easily find and read our latest updates, bugs fixes, and new releases.
- Postmortem analysis (data visualisation - reasons for shutdown): fixed the back-end data processing and transfer issues, and now the chart works.
- Thank you page (after payment): you paid, of course we must say, 'THANK YOU', right? 😛
- UI/UX fixes: as usual, made some minor fixes here and there.
- User login issue: we also resolved a user's login issue, she's happy now.
Issues and errors
- Co-investors analysis: this is still under maintenance.
- Funding sources: we're rebuilding the table feature for better experience.
What to expect in our next release on 27 August 2021
- Shutdown data: access 1,000 shuttered companies with Basic Plan
- Funding sourcing: very-early stage, early stage
*Note: Features release schedule (2-3 weeks) is tentative and may subject to change.
- The following features are currently under maintenance and improved versions will be released in time for our Startup Alley exhibition at TechCrunch Disrupt 2021:
- Tools: idea checker 3.0 (idea validation)
- Venture intelligence: co-investors analysis
- We're also aiming to release new features in time for the event:
- Competitive intelligence: competitors landscape
- Simulation: pre-revenue business valuation
Simulation: post-revenue business valuation
- Data: companies' financial data
- If you want us to add new research questions, let us know.
- Something is wrong or broken? Tweet us or write us.
Return to Release notes.
Last edited on 6 January 2022.