We're delighted to announce the release of roiquant 3.1.8, which includes feature releases, new updates and issues fixes.
Released on 23 & 25-26 November 2021 - by founders, for founders.
- Basic search (shuttered companies): we implemented a new full-text search function built with sophisticated search logic, text analyzers, score-based results ranking, and rich query language to return relevant search results (30% faster) regardless of typos or spelling errors.
- Currently, the search function is only available for the shuttered companies table.
- It'll be available for the rest of the data tables next week.
- Postmortem analysis (startup intelligence): we now analyze all of the 31,782 inactive companies in our shuttered companies collection but only 1,026 inactive companies with reasons for shutdown for the 'what are the top reasons for shutdown?' question.
- In due time, the remaining 30,756 inactive companies will be automatically summarized and labelled by our algorithms.
- Industry and categories: we automatically re-labelled the industries and categories of 636,039 companies according to our industry taxonomy.
- Our algorithms are subject to continuous research and development to improve their accuracy performance.
- Databases maintenance: we improved some attributes and optimized the indexes for better performance and efficiency in our query operations.
- Back-end APIs maintenance: we also optimized our APIs queries.
- UI/UX fixes: we're always improving for your better experience.
Issues and errors
- Confidentiality agreement: our system does remember your click, but it only stop asking you for your confirmation in your next login - we've scheduled to fix this in Q1 2022.
What to expect in our next major release on 29 December 2021
- Analytics (startup, venture, and competitive intelligence): we're improving our data models and algorithms to optimize accuracy.
- Simulation - pre-revenue business valuation (scorecard method): in due time, we'll complete this.
- Data - add-&-edit (for founders and investors): you can add new and/or edit data unto our platform.
- Tools - pitch deck analysis (for founders): founders can analyze, build, and showcase their fundraising pitch decks to investors via our platform.
- Pitch decks will be protected and investors need to request for access to view them.
- Sourcing - deals (for investors): according to funding stages, investors can source for deals on our platform.
- Upon founders' approval, investors can access the pitch decks.
- Sourcing - funding (for founders): apart from those accepting cold emails, founders can request to email investors who usually prefer warm referrals.
- Upon investors' approval, founders can email and pitch them.
- Filter function: you can filter each column of our data tables.
- Database: a lot more data.
*Note: Features release schedule is tentative and may subject to change.
- If you want us to add new research questions, let us know.
- Something is wrong or broken? Tweet us or write us.
Return to Release notes.
Last edited on 5 April 2022.